I never expected alginate, a dental material, to be so practical in architecture as well. It seemed to be a perfect material for the moulds since it sets in a couple of minutes and is flexible. We also used it for applying textures to the components.
Posted 17 May 2014 04:49
Although we built a cardboard structure to support the components, the casting didn't turn out how we expected it to. Therefore, we exhibited our research and material experimentation.
Posted 17 May 2014 04:36
We mixed concrete in different ratios of cement, sand and water to find the best colour and consistence.
Posted 17 May 2014 04:21
Working in groups, we further developed the shortlisted models.
Posted 9 May 2014 19:36
Today we experimented with a variety of materials for the moulds and the components. We tested out plaster, resin and latex to see which one would be the most appropriate for our purpose.
Posted 9 May 2014 19:26
A 3d printed model of our proposal!
Posted 9 May 2014 19:17
Day 1: Putting down initial ideas on paper
Posted 9 May 2014 19:04