Today was the final day for the mush farm event.
We cut open the bottles and hang them on the structure.
We also prepared a film and posters to show for the people who comes to the courtyard.
Mushrooms were not fully grown but it shows the process of the growth.
Posted 16 May 2014 14:23
We were making poster with information about mushfarm for the event day
Indivisually take each part to make and put them together and it will be printed out tomorrow
Also we cut open the bottles we put mushroom seeds in
Some of them are successful but some of them failed
But all will be presented on the event day!
Posted 14 May 2014 17:10
Raining since the morning.
However, it could not stop us making our intervention!
Our group of constructing the design started to build the design with broken down pallets from the previous day.
People brought and borrowed tool and equipment and started to assemble.
Couple of hours late, it finally showed as a final form.
What is left is just hanging the mushroom for the eventday!
Posted 8 May 2014 18:38
Due to the shortage supply of pallets, we decided to change out design.
With the new design, which need to take the pallets apart, we started to get ready to build our intervention.
We take pallets into pieces and un-nailed them so we can use them according to the new design.
Also, we started to make presentation sheets which will be a part of the intervention that explains our project and theories behind.
and it rained.
We planned for the next day which will be actual building constructing day.
We also had thoughts about presentation(with projection) and use left over materials.
Posted 7 May 2014 16:32
On the 4th day, we started to build( but more likely testing) our design with pallets.
We collected pallets from nearby construction sites and starting to build.
During this process we changed our design that was not possible with the pallets we have and try to adapt the design that is realistic.
Posted 6 May 2014 21:29
We took a trip to Salford, to Biospheric lab.
Tour around Biospheric lab (but more like a warehouse) started from 11.
It was interesting to see different systems and ideas they are testing which could be very helpful for our project.
Posted 6 May 2014 21:27
Each group with different ideas come together started to make the final design.
We listend to each other's presentation and we tried to combine different idea from each group.
In the afternoon, with coffee waste, we started to plant the mushroom in the courtyard in Chatham.
Everyone had bottles to fill with the waste and plant mushroom.
Hopefully, it will grow in next few weeks.
Posted 6 May 2014 21:25
Everyone gathered on the 8th floor studio in Chatham.
5th year explained about the project and what we've got to do.
In a groups of 4, We started to exploring ideas.
We started to think how pallets can be used to create space.
How the space created can be interact with people.
What are the possibilities and can be actually built.
We sketched and discussed for several hours
and ended up 4 different main ideas.
Posted 6 May 2014 21:22