skip to content | Accessibility Information

All designs were tested out on the general public without any instructions. It was nice to see how people approached the situations.
Posted 16 May 2014 01:08
All pieces put together, we realised that cardboard wasn't probably the best option of material due to its rigidity. Lets just say there was a lot of tape involved.
Posted 16 May 2014 00:57
Worked on the most complex design chosen, cutting out 22 cardboard pieces that formed the large 4 metre pop-up tent.
Posted 16 May 2014 00:53
Presentation time! Urun, the second year tutor, along with Fari analysed each design, and provided us with constructive criticism on improving the design to suit the needs. From the 4 presentations, 3 designs were chosen based on simplicity and overall cost and unfortunately the honeycomb structure had a high cost leading to the design being aborted.
Posted 16 May 2014 00:48
Came up with designs for pop-up shelter since there was a change in the original plans of 3D printing a prototype structure. We used the designs from the previous origami session to come up with unique shelter. The idea behind our design was the honey-comb structure and how it can be connected to nearby tents of a similar shape. The structure needed 3 poles in order to be put up.
Posted 16 May 2014 00:39
Introduction to emergency shelters in the morning which provided us with a brief, which required us to design a temporary shelter that could be used by the inhabitants for the length of a year. The afternoon was followed by a session of origami that should link to the shelter. Very informative day !
Posted 16 May 2014 00:31